Cantaloupe.

Half way (20 weeks), here we are. My belly doesn't seem quite big enough to have a cantaloupe in it, but I guess it is hiding somewhere.

(19 weeks)

I've been slacking on the updates lately. I will have you know that my second trimester is going fancifully. The worst part is how often I have to pee. No more throwing up and no more necessary naps during the day. I started feeling the baby move between 17-18 weeks. It is pretty cool, but still doesn't happen often. We go in for our ultrasound appointment on Monday, woo! We've decided to find out the sex, if baby so chooses to cooperate. If not, guess it will have to be a surprise!

I do a lot of baby related "research" in my free time (now that it is summer and I don't have to go to work). Some things I've(we've) decided are:

1. Yes to breastfeeding. Not only does it help you lose weight after baby is born, but it cheaper and a lot healthier for the little one.

2. All for cloth diapers. Again, cheaper is a perk for this category. I did lots of digging on this subject and am much more educated about sposies vs. cloth. We are planning to do pocket diapers which are a little more expensive than your basic prefolds, but easier for everyone to use.

3. Not to have an epidural. This is definately subject to change, but planning to go the painful route. I'm not fond of the whole needle in the spine, catheter, not being able to move around aspect. Besides, I'd probably end up being allergic to the medication in the epidural. Also hoping to avoid pitocin.

Comments

Popular Posts