Cold Weather, Warm Bellies



Much to the dismay of my kids, I love soup. I love making soup and I love eating soup. When I was pregnant with the girls it is what I craved, any kind--I wanted it all. With all the doctor appointments in the city we always ended up at Panera afterwards to eat soup.
My kids aren't as crazy about soup as I am, there is usually whining involved. BUT, noodles make everything better.

Duck soup = Waaaaaaah, NOOO, we hate soup!!!

Duck noodle soup = Yaaayyy!!!!

So, I make noodles. If you want to make noodles, too, and never have it is very easy. This is the recipe I use, very simple and takes your basic staple ingredients.
Find the recipe {HERE}
Only thing I change is I use water instead of milk because I don't buy milk and you can't taste the difference.

Are you a soup lover or soup hater?


Comments

fun in the sun said…
Soup lover! Nothing like cold weather to inspire me to start a pot of something. Today it is wild rice soup! I have mix I would give away if anyone is interested.
Melissa said…
@fun in the sun
That sounds good! We tend to stay away from the creamy soups because none of us digest dairy all that well in the fam, but I miss them!
fun in the sun said…
This is a cream soup only if you make it that way. I don't. Recipe calls for 1/2 cup mix to 2 cups of liquid and I use chicken stock. Also usually end up adding water because rice is rice that likes to soak up liquid. We live in the same area if you want some.

Popular Posts