Miscellany Monday

1. When we found out Friday that we are having twins, we were happy of course. But I will admit we also freaked out a bit. As in, we got on the computer the instant we got home and started looking at minivans and new houses and new diapers and swings and car seats.. But, we've calmed down and have realized while we do need a larger vehicle (no way three car seats will fit in the one we have now), we do not need to buy a different house. The one we live in now is sufficient for a couple more years at least. We just need to do some rearranging. As for all the other stuff, yeah, we'll need it, but there's time.

0602121544
Baby A. They didn't print any good pictures of Baby B.

2. I'm pretty sure Mason is going through his major 18 month growth spurt right now. He's learning things like crazy which is great, but he is having a hard time settling down to sleep with so much going on in his brain. He used to go to sleep between 7 and 8, now we take him upstairs to read/rock/settle in and he goes wild. Running back and forth, bouncing on the bed, we have no idea where he pulls that energy from. This usually goes on until after dark and it ends up being 9:30 before he can calm down and fall asleep. Naps have been pushed back quite a bit, too. I keep telling myself that it is a phase and won't last forever. That's true, right? I'm not lying to myself am I? While it can be funny and entertaining, I'd love to get a little more time to myself and with my husband before I go to bed.

_MG_8973

3. I planted my garden a couple weeks ago, but there are rabbits galore in this town and they've been munching on my beans.
_MG_8957

4. The very far back section of our yard is my favorite. The grass is green and there is nice shade, it is just so pretty. If only our whole yard looked that way. Someday..

_MG_8969

5. Whenever we spend time in the yard, I always pick Mason some rhubarb to snack on. He loves the stuff. It is funny to watch him walk around with the big leaf.

_MG_8944

6. Last weekend we spent some time at my parents' house. My dad was gone on his yearly fishing trip and my mom was really sick. So we tried to take care of her, but she is like the worst sick person ever. She only sits down and relaxes when things get really bad (which she did sit still more than I've ever seen before) and I couldn't get her anything because she just wanted to do it herself. She's recovered and my dad is home.

_MG_8918

Have a good week!
We'll be looking for minivans.


miscellany monday at lowercase letters

Comments

LeAnna said…
I was off the computer most of the weekend and missed your big news! How exciting, and terrifying, and amazing!!! Mostly just exciting and amazing, though. ;) You'll do just fine, Mama. Congrats on your soon-to-be family of FIVE!!!
EMily said…
Yes...it is a phase, but boy it feels like it lasts forever
I have 6-year old twin brothers and they're so fun! I still remember when my mom told me she was having twins...Congratulations!
-Tiffany
http://thewanderingtheologian.blogspot.com

Popular Posts