My Life vs Reality TV: Dirty Jobs.

Mike Rowe can come visit me anytime.  I don't think I would be interesting enough to be featured, but there are some things I wouldn't mind his help with.  I remember an episode when he visited a daycare center and poop seemed to be the dirty part.  Hmmm, I'm pretty sure he hasn't experienced dipping and swishing cloth diapers though.. but I could be wrong.


There are food messes.  The baby has to be cleaned.  The chair has to be cleaned.  The table where the food fell has to be cleaned.  The floor around the table that some of the food made its way to has to be cleaned.  Eating is just plain dirty.  Fun... but dirty.




There are the usual household chores that go along with the job of stay-at-home-mom.  Toilets, tubs, carpets, dishes, beds (ha), laundry... Wait a minute, I just cleaned that mirror!


Sometimes, dirty things happen when you least expect it.
You really can't predict when you are going to be suddenly covered in baby vomit.
You don't always know when there's a poop leak and before you realize it, there is poop on your couch pillows.  True story.

(ummm.. any ideas as to why this picture won't stay flipped?)
Sometimes, the messes don't even include the baby.
Milk squirting in all directions, the questionable aroma that makes you think hard to remember the last time you showered, wait, is that poop in my hair?
And, can anything be more messy than a mama's hormones??


Throw some pets into the mix, and things can just get plain ugly.

 
So, while it may not be the dirtiest job.. motherhood sure does have its moments.


Comments

Popular Posts