My Goals for 2014




I really do love a new year. That is so 15 days ago. Yes I hear you, but I needed some time to digest 2013 before moving on to this year. New year, reflections on the last, new goals. It is simply wonderful to just sit down and think about this stuff. It is also kinda fun to look back over the years and see how you grow and change.
Find my goals for 2012 here and 2011 here. I think my biggest goal for 2013 was to just survive. Goal met!
There are so many things I want to do. But I have three young kids. So, accomplishing everything swirling through my mind on an average day is just not going to happen. I've made note of some of the more important things I'd like to tend to for this year.

1. Read more books. I read every day, a lot in fact. Just not books. I love reading other blogs and perusing the internet, but the joy that comes from a book is something completely different. We have a great library here and there are many I own that have yet to be opened. I'm currently reading Two Kisses for Maddy and while the story is sad, it is good to be reading about someone else's life.

2. Organize my photos. I have so many blurry/blinking/dark/bright/ugly pictures that are just taking up space of my hard drive. I need to go through and delete so, so many. I always just upload and that's that. They need weeded. I'd also love to get some pictures printed.

Step by step to homestead success

3. Start referring to myself as a homesteader. We may not be living on 20 acres growing our entire year's worth of food, sewing our own clothes, and polishing our roof made of solar panels this coming year, but it is certainly a step forward to claim the title of homesteader.

4. Learn to embroider. I got a book, hoops, needles, string, and all that jazz for Christmas. I can't wait to start this craft!


5. Rescue an animal. We are hoping to find ourselves with some land this year and one thing we'd like to do is welcome an animal or two into our family.

6. Heal my teeth. Coffee + losing too much calcium from breastfeeding + sugar + well, you get the idea = my front teeth are starting to get very thin. I have already given up my daily cups of joe (talk about a headache) and started taking fermented cod liver oil, but there are more steps and I hope to see an improvement sometime this year!

7. Fix my diastasis recti. Before I start having back problems, I need to focus on my 3 finger width gap. Hoping to get around to this... someday...


8. Patience. Deep breath in. And out. My kids are not trying to drive me crazy, they are simply learning and discovering the world around them. In. Out.

9. Add more prayer to our lives. I've always been a lone pray-er sending my thanks upwards in private. But, I know my kids will not learn how to pray if I don't teach them and the best way is to do it together. Now that the kids are getting older, it would be nice to find a church. We survived Christmas Eve service after all.

* * *

Do you have anything on your list for this year you want to accomplish? Learning a new hobby? Healthy eating? Spending more time with your kids? I'd love to hear about it!


Want to read more?
Check out Barb's goals at The D's and the Dogs
and Liz's goals at The "My Life" Project

Comments

Barb said…
My mom taught me how to embroider and I have thought about starting it again!
Liz R said…
I need to get started on embroidering a set of dish towels for a wedding this year...
Skye said…
Great goals. I hope you reach them all! Go for the dog! They make great companions for the kids. My daughter is in love with our dog pepper! :) My goal for thia year is to try to stay sane with adjusting to 2 kids... it's been a rough few months. I need to pick up my camera more. Oh and lose 25 lbs. Too cliche' ?? Yeah it kind of is.

Popular Posts